(Last updated July 24, 2019)
Thank you for using Amuse Labs’s PuzzleMe™ service. Amuse Labs helps you create and share knowledge games, such as crossword, sudoku and wordsearch puzzles. It’s designed to be used by everyone, from teachers to publishers to private companies.
If you have any questions about our terms of service, please email them to email@example.com and we assure you of a prompt response.
- You are of legal age to agree to these terms and use our service.
- Amuse Labs Private Ltd. (Amuse Labs) is not responsible for the content posted on its website by its users.
- The Amuse Labs service refers to its website and any mobile sites or apps it provides, as well as printed versions of content from its website.
- Amuse Labs is a service for individuals as well as organizations, so we tried to keep this terms of service understandable and free of legal jargon. But if something in this agreement is deemed to be invalid, void or unenforceable anywhere, only that part of the agreement shall be deemed void in that region and it shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the rest of this agreement.
- If there is a dispute between Amuse Labs and you, the laws of the State of California will govern this agreement (without regard to principles of conflicts of laws). Competent courts of California have exclusive jurisdiction in all matters arising out of these terms.
If you want to use Amuse Labs for commercial purposes you must have a business account and agree to a formal business contract between you and Amuse Labs. This agreement does not apply to you. Please contact us for the contract terms.
By using our online service, you agree and clearly understand that:
- You are responsible for all the content you post using Amuse Labs’ PuzzleMe service. In case there are any consequential repercussions for the content you have posted, you will be liable for them.
- Before posting any content on the Amuse Labs service, you agree that you have the right to post that content (including text, images, video, audio, links, ideas, or otherwise) and that the content you post does not violate any applicable laws.
- You will not use the Amuse Labs service for any illegal or unauthorized purposes and you will not use the Amuse Labs service in a way that violates any applicable laws.
- You will not use the Amuse Labs service to advertise goods or services or as a means to solicit funds.
- You will not use the Amuse Labs service to transmit viruses, worms or other yet-to-be-named malicious software that can damage computers or software.
- You will not try to hack into the Amuse Labs service or unduly burden our servers or technology.
- You will not try to reverse engineer Amuse Labs software.
- You will not circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Amuse Labs service we may implement.
- You will not scrape (whether in an automated or manual fashion) the Amuse Labs site or the content on the site without our express written permission. However, we do grant public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices to copy the Amuse Labs content that does not require payment from the Amuse Labs site for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Amuse Labs content that is available to the public. We do reserve the right to revoke this permission at any time.
- Finally, the Amuse Labs service is built to enrich the lives of its users. You agree that you won’t do anything that is not allowed by us, which is against the law, restrict someone else from using or enjoying the Amuse Labs service, or prevents us from providing the Amuse Labs service.
Amuse Labs rights
- We reserve the right to change, modify, or suspend any part of the Amuse Labs service at any time, and we may even completely shut down or transfer the ownership of Amuse Labs’ services, without notice. If we do add new content, features, tools, or functionality to Amuse Labs, they will be subject to these terms of service. You agree that Amuse Labs is not liable for any changes it makes to the service and you will remain bound by these Terms under such circumstances.
- We can change these terms of service at any time with notice and you agree to be bound by such amended terms .
- We are not obligated to accept and/or display any content you submit to us on the website.
- Amuse Labs retains the right to terminate or put restrictions on a your user’s access to the service at its own discretion in case you breach any of its terms.
- Amuse Labs may at any time, and without notice and in its sole discretion, remove content and/or terminate a user’s account for submitting material that violates these terms of service or is deemed in its sole discretion to be pornographic, obscene or encouraging hate.
Who Owns What
- We own all rights in the website, the PuzzleMe platform and all the content (except for the content that is provided by users – see below).
- In addition, we own all rights in all the trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress that may appear on our site or in our software.
- Because you do not have a right, title or interest in the Amuse Labs website, Amuse Labs service, or the Amuse Labs content, you will not reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, publicly publish, transmit or otherwise exploit the Amuse Labs content for any purpose without obtaining our prior written consent (or in the case of content provided by a third party, obtaining the consent of that person).
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the content you post using the Amuse Labs service. All the content you post/upload to Amuse Labs is yours. But because Amuse Labs is a service that is used by other people, you understand and agree that other people (including people you may not know or may not have explicitly given permission to) may view your content. You also understand and agree that content you upload and/or submit may be subject to discussion or rated by other people. These discussions or ratings may be viewable by the public. If you don’t want this to happen, please don’t upload or submit content.
- Whatever you post/upload is yours. But when you submit content to us, you give us a fully paid, worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully and freely sublicensable, and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based upon, publicly display, and publish your content for any purpose in connection with our business or to provide the Amuse Labs service.